27 Jun 2018
Beautiful teeth on the big day
Wedding season is in full swing and this year, we have been fortunate to have a roll of great weather. There’s always so much to think about when it comes to getting married and one thing that is never far down the list is how we are going to look on the big day.
Whether you are the mother of the bride, a bridesmaid, the groom or the bride herself, you’ll be thinking about ‘scrubbing up’ and of the photographs that will become keepsake memories for years to come. As dentists, we would always recommend that you make sure your teeth are healthy and ready to sparkle too.
A recent survey said that the average Irish couple spend around €24,000 on their big day! Weddings can of course be organised and tailored to a much smaller budget but one of the great things about adding the health and look of your teeth to the list is that it is an investment which will last way beyond the wedding day itself.
What are the options?
Here at Pembroke Dental, we offer a range of cosmetic, general dental and tooth straightening treatments to suit the needs of any bride to be.
Perhaps you would just like to brighten your smile? We offer both professional ‘in clinic’ Zoom Tooth Whitening treatment and home trays. Home trays are great for those who want to control how white they go.
Improve the look of teeth
We are also very proud to have one of the countries top prosthodontists (cosmetic and restorative dental specialist), Dr Darell Power who visits us every fortnight. Dr Power provides high quality restorative dental treatment, replacement for missing teeth as well as full smile makeovers.
Healthy and clean
For those who just want to keep their mouth healthy and fresh, we would recommend a trip to see one of our hygienists. Our hygienists offer a brilliant professional clean as well as a tailored dental health plan to take home. We would recommend seeing a hygienist at least once a year but why not book in for a freshen up in time for the big day?
For those thinking ahead, we have two visiting orthodontists who are specialists in tooth straightening. Braces are certainly not just for kids anymore and we offer adult options which include invisible braces such as invisalign. For patients with minor tooth alignment issues, we also offer Fast braces, which can be a great option for those wanting to straighten teeth in time for a big event. *
As a large dental group, we have other healthcare specialists working with us. One such specialist is our expert aesthetician, Ramona Palos who provides rejuvenating skin treatments such as facial peels, microdermabrasion and IPL laser therapy at our Carlow practice. Find out more here.
If you choose to think about your teeth when writing your wedding list, our team are here to help you each step of the way.
* A consultation is required with all orthodontic and cosmetic options.
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award