18 Jun 2018
Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
It goes without saying that it is important to protect our skin from the sun. Harmful UV rays can cause painful sunburn, sunstroke and even lead to skin cancer. Regular exposure to the sun can also lead to early signs of ageing but did you know that it isn’t necessarily hot, bright summer sun that can do this?
Here at Pembroke Dental we have a specialist skin aesthician who leads the advanced skin treatment clinic at our Carlow practice. Ramona Palos has extensive training in proceedures such as IPL laser treatment, micro dermabrasion and rejuvenating peels and is absolutely passionate about skin. She would say that you can’t turn back the clock but there are certainly ways in which we can help preserve what we have. Many of her clients come to see her about helping to fight early signs of aging and she always begins by asking if they use a sunscreen.
Many people believe that sunscreen is just for summer holidays but this is simply not true. As described in this skincare blog by ZO health “Sun protection is needed 365 days of the year, even in winter and when the sun isn’t shining.” UV rays are present even on cloudy days. Another misconceptions is that high street bought sunscreens with low SPF are adequate protection. Ramona always recommends at least a 30 SPF on top of any facial moisturiser we are using in order to see results.
In fact, most top skin care specialists say that there was just one thing you could add to your skin care regime that would make a big difference, it would be to wear a SPF. Not only does it help protect your skin for harmful UV rays, but it also helps you to protect against the early signs of ageing or furthering deep lines and wrinkles.
If you are interested in how you can boost your skin care routine or would like to find our more about some of the treatments that we offer at Rejuve, why not book in for a free consultation?
- Beautiful teeth on the big day
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award