15 May 2018
Caring for your feet
It’s that time of year when many of us start to think about lighter clothing, sandals, flip flops and our feet. After cold months hidden beneath socks and heavy shoes, some people can find that their feet aren’t looking or feeling their best. Maybe some hard skin has built up, a painful and unsightly callous formed or perhaps a mild fungal nail infection has been hidden underneath old nail varnish.
Our staff never feel too worried because we have two resident podiatrists on the team! Jennifer O’Neill and Stephen Steward are both foot care experts at Carlow Foot Care. Our foot clinic is one of the allied health care specialties available at The Granby Clinic in Carlow. As well as working at our private practice, Jennifer and Stephen provide a range of podiatry care within the community such as at nursing homes and hospices.
Based at The Granby Clinic, Carlow Foot care is open three days a week on Mondays, Fridays and Saturdays. Our podiatrists are expert in treating more than general conditions such as hard skin, corns and callous. They can also provide treatment for patients with dropped arches as well as specialised treatments for pregnant women.
In growing nails can affect anyone but are often a problem for elderly people who cannot tend to their feet as easily as they once could. With Carlow Foot Care based at the Granby Clinic, that has both onsite parking and wheel chair access, it is a easy option for those wanting to help an elderly relative. Our Podiatrist, Jennifer is also specially trained to provide ‘arch supports’ which can aid with a number of lower back, knee and foot conditions.
One of the great things about Carlow Foot Care is that is part of a small range of health care specialists at The Granby Clinic including a physical therapist and advanced skin expert. If a patient is interested in seeing one of our other specialists after their podiatry treatment, it is easy to be referred.
Whether it’s a more complicated issue, your feet are becoming painful to walk on or are just in need of a general health check and spruce up before you book in for that holiday pedicure, our podiatrist is here to provide rescue!
- Beautiful teeth on the big day
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award