17 Apr 2018
Every individual deserves to feel good about their smile and there are many different ways in which a dentist or specialist can help you improve the health and look of your teeth. More complex treatments such as orthodontics (tooth straightening) and restorative option such as dental implants can be costly but with our interest free plan as well as our associations with health care insurance, we believe that achieving a healthy, beautiful smile is possible.
Just a dream?
We know that there are times in life when you just can’t justify forking out on expensive things, especially when they are for cosmetic reasons and you have one hundred and one other things to think about financially. We see patients who come in for regular dental check ups and are fantastic at keeping themselves dentally healthy but often share their dreams of having straighter teeth or wish that they could have missing teeth replaced. Thinking about the look of our teeth is also common when a big event is in the horizon such as a wedding. We want our patients to be proud of their teeth and try to make cosmetic, orthodontic and restorative treatments as accessible as we can. We have a few options that may come in handy when trying to spread out a large payment.
For routine dental health checks and some general and family dentistry, we do accept patients with medical cards and those under the PRSI scheme. We are also one of the few dental practices who have a direct arrangement with VHI, meaning that if you are part of the scheme, you will only pay the excess on your policy.*
For more costly treatments such as orthodontics and cosmetic dentistry we have an interest free plan. For example, if you wanted to spread the costs of braces for the kids or for yourself, our plan gives you a way in which you can pay over the duration of treatment. With this option, we ask for an upfront deposit and the rest of the payments are then collected by direct debit each month, until the treatment is complete. Each of our payment plans are tailored to suit the individual having treatment (or person responsible for payment!)
What if I need a series of procedures?
In order to make sure more complex treatments that may require seeing a number of our specialists (such as a smile makeover) are as streamline as possible, we have two specially trained treatment co coordinators. Emma Furey and Karen Hayden are part of our patient support team and will help you through your treatments by answering any questions you have regarding your teeth and also the financial side. They are the people who work with you to agree on terms of payment and to help make sure that you are happy with your experience here.
However you choose to pay, one of the great things about our large team is that all of your treatment needs are available here at Pembroke Dental, so there is no need to travel. We aim to be as flexible as we can in order to help you achieve a smile that you can be proud of.
* Please note that medical cardholders and those under the PRSI scheme or VHI are advised to call our team to make arrangements for your visit and discuss your options. You can find out about the full range of financial options and associated support systems that we have in place for our patients on our costs page.
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award