8 Feb 2018
Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
What is your position in Pembroke Dental?
I am an associate dentist here at Pembroke Dental. I first joined the team in 2009. I had a change of scenery in 2013/2014 when I returned to Dublin Dental Hospital and St. James Hospital to further my education. Here at Pembroke I enjoy all aspects of dentistry and have a particular interest in Fast Braces.
What does your average day look like?
Maria and myself run a tight schedule Monday to Friday!! No day is the same and it’s one of the reasons I love my job. Maria is a very efficient nurse and her job not only entails sterilisation of instruments but also to support each and every patient that comes through the door. The patients each day can vary from kids as young as 1 or 2 years of age experiencing dentistry for the first time, to the regular work such as fillings, extractions and cleanings, to the orthodontic patients getting their elastics changed and finally to accommodating the emergencies!!
It's always busy but Maria and myself are an experienced team and she makes my life much easier.
What do you like most about working at Pembroke Dental?
There is a great buzz around the place. I’m based in the Granby Clinic and as a team we like to maintain a relaxed friendly atmosphere. Laughter after all is the greatest medicine!!
Also, as I’ve been working in Carlow for many years now, I’ve built a trusting relationship with my patients and their families. It’s more than just fixing a broken tooth, it’s chatting to people about their feelings towards dentistry and often life outside the surgery. Dentistry is a very rewarding career but it’s a hard working team and trusting patients that puts the pieces together and makes it so enjoyable.
How would you describe yourself in 3 words?
- Hard working
What do you think is the most important thing about being a dentist?
Firstly, as dentists, it should be a given that our patients are receiving the highest standard of dental treatment and care in a relaxed environment. However, for me it’s more than just fixing teeth. Each patient is unique and has individual needs. What’s important to me is that I can make patients feel comfortable and confident with their treatment plan to restore a healthy smile.
What made you interested in providing Fast Braces for your patients?
I've always had an interest in orthodontics and after spending a few years in private practice I realised that many of my patients were looking for an effective, simple way to align teeth in a shorter period of time...Fast Braces was my answer to this!! I had heard a lot of positive reports about this orthodontic option and knew it would be a perfect, affordable solution for many of my patients. Treatment can be completed as quickly as 20 weeks and usually no longer than 12 months depending on the individual case. The results achieved with Fast Braces over the past 4 years since I first introduced it have been very rewarding. More and more patients of all ages want straight teeth nowadays and we can help them achieve this in the space of a few months.
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- Invisalign Open Day
- What would we do without you?
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award