31 Jan 2018
Double award win for Pembroke!
We are delighted to have won two Irish Dentistry Awards for Best Practice, Leinster and Best Child Friendly Practice. These are our fourth set of Irish Dentistry wins and to us, really recognise our team’s dedication and focus on children’s dental health and overall patient care.
Our principle dentist, Brenda Barrett and some of our team attended the awards ceremony at Mansion House in Dublin over the weekend where they joined other dentists and specialists from across the country. Our oral health educator, Rachel Murphy who runs our famous Cool Clean Club for kids was also in attendance. On winning Best Child Friendly Practice at the Irish Dentistry Awards, Rachel said “It’s a fantastic achievement, we are absolutely delighted and want to thank all our little people for making this happen and their parents for getting them involved.”
The Cool Clean Club aims to help teach youngsters under 12 about good dental health habits through experiments and games, and has its own ‘headquarters’ upstairs at our Carlow practice where parents can book their youngsters in on a Friday afternoon. In recent years, we have also trialled a ‘Teen Week’ where young people between the ages of 13 and 18 can come along and learn more about keeping their teeth and mouths healthy as well as lifestyle choices that affect their dental health such as smoking for example.
Pembroke Dental has grown to own four practices across the Leinster region in Waterford, Bunclody and Carlow. We are proud that our team have expanded to include an orthodontist, specialist restorative dentist and cosmetic dentist. Although we now have more locations, our main focus is still our patients. We always work to mirror the same friendly, personal care and local feel that our patients have come to expect in Carlow, across all of our practices.
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award