17 Nov 2017
Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
There’s a new addition to the range of non-surgical treatments available to anyone wanting to look younger and fresher, and it’s called Ultherapy.
Unlike dermal fillers and Botox anti-wrinkle injections, Ultherapy doesn’t involve needles. It’s a way of using ultrasound to stimulate your body’s natural healing process, which tightens up the tissue beneath the skin’s surface.
Ultrasound has been used safely throughout the medical field for more than 50 years, and Ultherapy has been established as safe and effective in clinical studies and has been approved by the FDA in the US.
Focused ultrasound waves are delivered with a hand held device into specific areas of the face and into specific depths of tissue, jumpstarting your body’s natural regeneration process. That means you’re left with more collagen, tighter contours on your face and a more lifted natural appearance.
Ultherapy can transform the brow, chin, neck and chest. The mechanism is similar to using a magnifying glass to focus sunlight — a lens is used to concentrate multiple intersecting beams of ultrasound on a target. Each individual beam passes through tissue with little effect but at the focal point where the beams converge, the energy has useful thermal effects that can be safely and accurately controlled.
Some patients see an initial effect right after their treatment, but the real results appear over two or three months as new collagen works to lift and tighten skin on the neck, chin and brow as well as smooth skin on the chest.
During treatment your practitioner will cleanse your skin and identify the specific areas to be treated, then apply ultrasound gel and place the smooth treatment applicator against your skin.
They will use Ultherapy’s ultrasound imaging to look under the skin to determine the best placement of the treatment energy, and then deliver the focused ultrasound energy beneath the skin’s surface, moving steadily over the area after each discharge of ultrasound.
At this stage you will feel tiny amounts of energy being deposited to precise depths, indicating that the collagen-building process has started.
One of the benefits of Ultherapy is there is no downtime, so you can return to your normal activities immediately after your procedure without any worries.
Your skin might appear a little flushed at first, but the redness should disappear within a few hours. Some patients experience slight swelling, tingling or tenderness to the touch, but these are mild and temporary in nature.
- Beautiful teeth on the big day
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award