11 Aug 2017
Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
The feel-good factor was hard to beat for Carlow fans last weekend, even if our All-Ireland campaign came to an end. It was bittersweet.
Our new found heroes were pipped at the post in the qualifier clash against Monaghan, having pressed Monaghan hard nearly all the way through at Netwatch Cullen Park.
They unexpectedly led going into the final 10 minutes, when their solid defensive line finally began to show signs of exhaustion.
But what an atmosphere, and what a night! At half time, hundreds of children ran onto the pitch to re-enact their favourite moments, and after the game the Carlow players and management were swarmed for photos in a well deserved send off to an unforgettable summer.
The Carlow players and their entourage still headed into town to be hailed as heroes, and it was a feel-good evening of football and entertainment to remember.
After defeat to Dublin in the Leinster quarter-final, Carlow had seen off London and Leitrim before the match. Carlow manager Turlough O’Brien told RTE Sport: "We gave it everything, we’d nothing left in the tank at the end of the game.
"I think Monaghan just got out by the skin of their teeth. We turned over a bit of ball towards the end and they got scores off it and that was the difference.
"I think we matched them all the way through and showed that Carlow can compete at the very highest levels.
"[The run has] been exceptional, we’ve been starved for all our careers, we’ve had no success and we were so close to getting through to the next round.
"[We got] fantastic support from around the county, everybody is so proud of the team. They are going to will it on next year to success."
From Pembroke Dental, all we can say is well done boys, you made us proud.
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award