21 Jul 2017
How our new scanner makes your life better
When you sign up for braces it can be hard to imagine what is going to happen to your teeth. One of the nice things about Invisalign is the way it shows patients on a screen just how their teeth will move during treatment.
Normally that’s possible on or around the patient’s third visit, but we’ve bought a new piece of technology that speeds up the process so that now you can see the outcome of Invisalign treatment in your first consultation (which, by the way, is free).
We know this is going to make a huge difference to anyone who is feeling confused or unsure about orthodontic treatment: a picture says a thousand words and so we guess a video must say a million.
iTero scans have been used in more than 1.3 million orthodontic cases, including more than 600,000 Invisalign scans, and because they are digital there is no room for error. Another huge benefit for patients is that they cut out the need for messy and uncomfortable dental impressions.
To see what that means go to Waterford Braces on Facebook and look at the first of our patient Natasha’s videos. When she spits out the mixture Natasha can’t hide her discomfort at the taste - you no longer have to go through this.
iTero scans aren’t just limited to orthodontics, they’ve been used in more than 1.2 million restorative crown, bridge and custom implant cases. They are a small mobile scanner that the dentist puts in your mouth and slowly moves around until a full 3D image showing the contours of your teeth and gums appears on the screen.
You’ll see this happen in real time, as the software asks the dentist to scan the same areas multiple times to cross reference its calculations and produce a completely accurate computer model of your mouth. For us this is dream come true because it means there is no longer any room for error.
We can now plan treatments in the knowledge that the information we have about your teeth and gums is extraordinarily accurate, far more than accurate than the human eye.
In summary, here are the good things the iTero digital scanner does for you:
- shows you a simulation of how your teeth are going to move on your very first visit, before you decide whether to go ahead with orthodontic treatment
- makes treatment planning faster so you can start treatment sooner
- means you don’t have to do messy, uncomfortable and horrible-tasting dental impressions
- means your treatment will be even more accurately tailored to your mouth, so the clinical outcome will be better
- Taking care of older teeth
- Retainers - why wear them?
- Beautiful teeth on the big day
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award