7 Jul 2017
Meet Karen. You can ask her anything
We’re always trying to improve and we’re delighted to announce that we have hired a second treatment co-ordinator to make your experience at Pembroke Dental even better.
Karen Hayden joins us with a brief to talk to you and understand your preferences and budget in order to recommend the best option for you. She’ll answer any questions you may have about the treatments available here, or about any aspect of your dental health or facial appearance that’s bothering you.
We think it’s worth investing some time in our patients before they make a decision because that way they are more likely to have their needs successfully met. Sometimes it’s not the right time for treatment, and other times it may be that a different treatment to the one you had in mind is more suitable.
What we often find, especially with more expensive treatments like dental implants, is that people want to gather information, meet the team and come to a decision gradually. It’s a decision that will affect them physically, financially and emotionally, so why not?
Making a snap decision on something important is never a great idea, and we see it as part of our job to make sure you are completely comfortable with your choice before treatment begins. The last thing you want, on top of any other anxieties you might have about visiting the dentist, are lingering doubts about whether the treatment you’re getting is the right choice for you.
We won Best Treatment of Nervous Patients in the 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards because we take our patients’ doubts and anxieties extremely seriously. Uncertainty breeds anxiety, so we do our best to get rid of it.
That’s exactly why Karen has joined us - her job is to explain what you can expect from each treatment so there are no surprises. Talking to Karen doesn’t mean you’re under obligation to agree to a particular treatment, she simply wants to help you understand the different ways we can address the issues you have brought in. If you decide it’s not the right time for you to go ahead, that’s absolutely fine.
Karen offers free first consultations for patients interested in dental implants, facial aesthetics, all orthodontic treatments including Invisalign, all cosmetic dentistry including teeth whitening and white fillings, and sedation options for nervous patients including intravenous sedation and nitrous oxide sedation.
She’ll talk to you in a non-clinical consultation room and it’ll be an informal, relaxed chat. We want you to relax so you can be yourself, get all the information you need, and come to a decision in your own time. Karen will talk you through the procedure you’re interested in and answer anything that’s on your mind, whether it’s about costs, the risk of pain, or the clinician who will be performing the procedure. Your free first consultation is the time to ask her anything. Nothing is off limits.
Ask for a free first consultation with Karen if you’re interested in:
Karen joins our existing treatment co-ordinator Emma Furey.
- Taking care of older teeth
- Retainers - why wear them?
- Beautiful teeth on the big day
- Tips from our skincare expert: Protecting your skin from the sun
- Five minutes with our hygienist, Lina Ziliene
- What does GDPR mean to me?
- Why should I go for a hygiene appointment?
- Prosecco and teeth - what’s the deal?
- Caring for your feet
- Invisalign - the nearly invisible alternative to braces
- Planning a summer holiday this year? Don’t forget your teeth
- The Mouth is the Mirror of the Body
- Five-minutes with our Periodontist, Dr Phillip Christie
- New website focuses on patient needs
- Understanding costs
- What is a smile makeover?
- Five minutes with Rachel Murphy
- The social media generation
- Getting them off to the right start
- Five minutes with Dr Davina Graham
- Keeping kids teeth healthy!
- Five minutes with Dr Lisa Doyle
- Fastbraces in Leinster
- Double award win for Pembroke!
- Braces aren’t just for kids
- Getting greener with your dental health
- Ultherapy, the facelift without needles
- We’re having babies later than ever
- The world’s oldest dentist is a Neanderthal
- The Celtic roots of Halloween
- Need a mouthguard for the Schools Fitness Challenge?
- "Record teeth extractions in under-4s"
- Poor diet behind one in five deaths
- Scientists: smiling makes you better
- How to stay safe with Botox and dermal fillers
- Carlow men urged to get checked for high blood pressure
- We’re getting wiser about sugar
- We think our kids deserve better
- How dogs domesticated humans
- Men, remember to service your chassis once a year
- Proud end to Carlow’s All-Ireland campaign
- Handle mail order braces with care
- Nine weeks left for our Invisalign girl Natasha
- How our new scanner makes your life better
- Welcome to our new Bunclody dental practice
- Into the future with an Intero Digital Scanner
- Meet our new treatment co ordinator
- Invisalign Open Evenings in March
- Rejuve moves to Pembroke
- Best Child Friendly Practice!
- Making the shortlist
- Double Celebration
- Open Evening at The Granby Clinic
- Our travelling dentists
- Spooky Halloween snack ideas
- Teen Week
- Specialist Hearing Aid services now at The Granby Clinic
- What would we do without you?
- Invisalign Open Day
- Braces on a Saturday!
- Best Practice 2016
- Five Pembroke Dental entries shortlisted for 2016 Irish Dentistry Awards
- Physical therapist joins Granby clinic
- Team Spirit
- If you've got it covered, so have we!
- Elisa and Naoimi pass with flying colours!
- Thank you Carlow!
- A new face in town
- Foot care now available @Granby
- Pembroke Dental's new baby @Granby Dental
- Pembroke Dental Laboratory offers Valplast
- Periodontist and Implant Specialist joins Pembroke
- Congratulations to Kayla!
- Second Practice of the Year Award